Training & Speaking Services
Master the skills that build engagement and expand your volunteer program
Leading volunteers requires a mastery of multiple broad-ranging disciplines: marketing, interviewing, supervision, project management, and effective collaboration.
And yet, most volunteer managers receive little to no professional training, relying instead on trial and error to build their skills.
Twenty Hats provides volunteer managers with relevant, focused trainings, facilitated by an experienced trainer and CVA who knows which skills are most essential to sustaining a thriving volunteer program.
At every training, you can expect to:
- Learn proven techniques and strategies to expand your volunteer management skills
- Apply those concepts to your own work, with time for practice and integration
- Receive plenty of feedback and guidance from an experienced facilitator
- Brainstorm with colleagues around your particular workplace challenges
- Return to the workplace with tools and handouts to you further your skill-building
- Creating Virtual Roles that Expand Your Volunteer Corps
- Achieving Buy-In for Your Volunteer Program
- Behavior-Based Interviewing for Specialized Volunteer Roles
- The Fine Art of Facilitating Orientations
- Marketing to Your Ideal Volunteer
- Stories that Sell Your Volunteer Program
- Cultivating Volunteers as Donors
"Elisa Kosarin has been invaluable in helping us create a volunteer program for Planet Word. We are a non-traditional museum that doesn't yet exist, but Elisa asked all the right questions and engaged all the right people to make sure the plan she created for us was relevant, practical, and achievable. She has been incredibly generous with her expertise and gone out of her way to make sure we have the tools we need to implement a successful, sustainable volunteer program."
Curator of Programming, Planet Word
"Elisa’s presentation was engaging both with hands on encouraging audience interaction and questions. She took the presentation on a course that was led by the participants, while continuing to stay on topic and relevant. I found her very knowledgeable yet approachable. I would highly recommend her as a trainer in any situation.”
Volunteer Manager, Volunteers of Mid Coast Maine
"Elisa is supporting our volunteer strategic engagement planning efforts, which has never been organized before at our museum. Her approach has been thoughtful, engaging, supportive and she really knows how to lead us in the direction towards implementation and action. Through this, we have mapped out goals that will help us build & sustain the program, gain buy in & engagement from staff, increase collaboration across stakeholders, build a diverse volunteer corp, create multiple training opportunities for both staff & volunteers and foster digital innovation. I highly recommend her services as we have enjoyed her expertise, ease of availability and guidance throughout.”
"The workshop was fantastic, a few of us afterwards were talking about how helpful it was. I already have ideas about how to make my future interviews better based on what we did at your workshop. Thank you for hosting it.”
Docent Coordinator, Smithsonian American Art Museum
Get in touch
Ready to discuss a training or speaking engagement?